Instructions on how to use ACTV Tickets
How it Works
- If you buy your ticket 2 or more days in advance your PNR code will be sent to you at midnight am the day before your ticket becomes valid. For example, If your ticket’s validity begins on June 10th, then your ticket will arrive in the “ticket” section of the MyPass Venezia App and in your email inbox at midnight am on June 9th. This method guarantees your flexibility to change or cancel your reservation until midnight the day before your initial ticket validity.
- When you arrive at ACTV water bus / vaporetto terminals scan your QR code at the entry point to enter. If the ACTV QR scanner is not working MyPass Venezia has created a backup plan for you. Go to the automatic tickets machines located at all terminals and enter your PNR code. The ticket machine will then issue you printed tickets, which you can use to enter.
- Your ticket(s) can used for 3 months from the date of purchase.
Where can you go with ACTV Water Bus / Vaporetto?
From St. Mark’s Square to Lido to Santa Lucia Train Station to Murano and all of the famous sights of Venice the ACTV Water Bus / Vaporetto can take you.
What is the schedule?
Generally the ACTV water bus / vaporetto service runs from 5 am until 11 pm with special night service at some locations and with changing schedules depending on the season, day of week, and holidays. Check with ACTV timetables to find exact schedule for your stop.
The terms water bus and vaporetto are often used interchangeably so you might see one or both of these terms in your trip research.
Avoid water bus / vaporetto Line 1 if possible. This makes every stop so it is slow and often completely filled with tourists and their luggage.
Water Busses (Vaporetti) are not to be confused with water taxis. Water Taxis are just like regular taxis in that they may get you to your destination faster but they are also more expensive. They are much smaller than the water busses / vaporetti and usually have a yellow stripe to be easily identified.
ACTV is the official public transportation authority in Venice.
Other Public Transportation Services
In addition to the Water Bus / Vaporetto there are a few other public transportation services.
- People Mover – A driverless tram system that gets you to and from the Tronchetto Parking Island to the Marittima Cruise Terminal to Piazzale Roma. The People Mover is wheelchair accessible.
Cost: 1.50 euro
- Bus Transfer to Marco Polo Airport – You can take the ACTV bus to and from Piazzale Roma and Marco Polo Airport. The journey takes about 20-25 minutes. TIP: choose a ticket that combines airport transfer with the a normal ACTV ticket like the “3 days + Airport Transfer Bus (A/R)” so you have all your transportation needs taken care of.
One way bus ticket – 8€
Round Trip (valid from Airport to Venice and back to airport when you return) – 15€
For combination tickets price varies depending on number of days chosen. See MyPass Venezia App for more information.