skip to Main Content Back To Top
Tips for Visiting
- Buy your tickets in advance with the MyPass Venezia to skip the line/queue and get in without wasting time.
- Go early or late in the day. From late-morning until mid-afternoon is the busiest time for visitors.
- Open from April 1st to October 31st From Sundays to Thursdays 8.30 am – 9 pm (last admission 8.30 pm)| Fridays and Saturdays 8.30 am – 11 pm (last admission 10.30 pm) | From November 1st to March 31st 8.30 am – 7.00 pm (last admission 6.30 pm)
- Most people take between 1.5 to 2 hours visiting so make sure you give yourself enough time.
How to Get there
- By Vaporetto – The Doge’s Palace is located closest to the San Marco or San Zaccaria Ferry Terminals:
- From Piazzale Roma: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop | From Santa Lucia Railway Station: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop | From Lido di Venezia: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 5.2, San Zaccaria stop
- By Foot – Look for signs around the city that point you towards Piazza San Marco (St. Mark’s Square): From Ponte di Rialto – 10 minutes | From Santa Lucia Railway Station – 30 minutes | From Biennale Gardens – 20 minutes