Doge's Palace Tickets Venice
Priority Lane. Flexible Booking. Best Price
Book and Buy your Doge's Palace Skip the Line Tickets at the official price without extra fees. The Doge's Palace, or Palazzo Ducale, is the very symbol of Venetian power and a must see for your Venice experience. Don't get stuck waiting with the crowds! Get MyPass Venezia and get direct access to the Doge's Palace.
|MyPass Best Price Guarantee - €25. You’d pay €27.50 or €28 with our competitors.|
|MyPass Venezia Flexible Booking Guarantee - modify or cancel for free until the day before|
|Skip the line|
Save time, money and skip the line when you use MyPass Venezia to buy tickets for the Doge's Palace - plus you get free access to the Saint Mark's Square Museums with your ticket.
Experience the power and beauty of the Doge's Palace the easy way. Conveniently get your tickets right on your phone so you can spend less time waiting and more time enjoying Venice.
Why choose MyPass Venezia?
ALL IN ONE APPMuseums, Biennale, Parking, Concerts and Transports with a single App.
OFFICIAL PRICEBook with confidence - MyPass Venezia only charges official rates!
FLEXIBLE BOOKINGSChange or cancel your reservation until the day before.
History of the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) and Bridge of Sighs
Venice was once one of the richest and most powerful cities in all of Europe. The Doge’s Palace, or Palazzo Ducale in Italian, a Venetian Gothic Masterpiece and the center of this great maritime power, began being built in 1340 and was not competed in its current form until 1442. Located in world-famous St. Mark’s Square, the Doge’s Palace, together with St. Mark’s Basilica, formed the political and religious center of the Venetian Republic.
Inside you will experience the richly decorated rooms, immense halls for banquets and government officials, and marvel at maps that reveal the reach of Venice’s trading empire. The Doge’s Palace was also the official residence of the Doge. The Doge was a noble selected by other nobles to serve as the executive responsible for carrying out their laws. During the one thousand year reign of the Republic of Venice there were over 120 Doges.
Inside the Doge’s Palace you will see many remarkable sights including the Giants’ Staircase (Scala dei Giganti), the Hall of the Great Council, and, of course, the Bridge of Sighs. According to legend, prisoners would look out the window of the bridge and sigh as they took in the beauty of Venice one last time before being locked up.
Tips for Visiting the Doge's Palace
- Buy your tickets in advance with the MyPass Venezia to skip the line/queue and get in without wasting time.
- Go early or late in the day. From late-morning until mid-afternoon is the busiest time for visitors.
- Open from April 1st to October 31st From Sundays to Thursdays 8.30 am – 9 pm (last admission 8.30 pm)| Fridays and Saturdays 8.30 am – 11 pm (last admission 10.30 pm) | From November 1st to March 31st 8.30 am – 7.00 pm (last admission 6.30 pm)
- Most people take between 1.5 to 2 hours visiting so make sure you give yourself enough time.
Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Square Museums Ticket Prices
- Full - 25 euros
- Reduced (students under 26, Rolling Venice card holders, or people over 65) - 13 euros
How to get to the Doge's Palace
- By Vaporetto - The Doge’s Palace is located closest to the San Marco or San Zaccaria Ferry Terminals:
- From Piazzale Roma: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop | From Santa Lucia Railway Station: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop | From Lido di Venezia: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 5.2, San Zaccaria stop
- By Foot - Look for signs around the city that point you towards Piazza San Marco (St. Mark’s Square): From Ponte di Rialto - 10 minutes | From Santa Lucia Railway Station - 30 minutes | From Biennale Gardens - 20 minutes